Media 7 | April 24, 2020
Jack Myers, Media Ecologist, and Founder at MediaVillage has influenced the decisions of hundreds of global, national and regional media, marketing, advertising and entertainment companies and organizations for over forty years. More than 150 companies, organizations and industry leaders are members of MediaVillage.
After serving in leadership roles at Metromedia Outdoor, ABC-Radio, CBS-TV and UTV Cable, Jack launched The Myers Report, which for more than three decades has been a go-to innovation partner for more than 200 companies across the marketing and media ecosystem and the industry leader in forecasting the impact of technological advances on culture, marketing, media and entertainment. After a decade of development, Jack launched MediaVillage, now the industry’s most influential platform for thought leadership and a global advocate for the role and value of media to society, culture and business.
MEDIA 7: For those in our audience who are new to it, could you describe MediaVillage?
JACK MYERS: MediaVillage was launched in 2010 under the direction of veteran industry strategist and trend forecaster Jack Myers. Fifteen founding media companies embraced Myers’ recommendation that they transcend territorial competition to develop and implement industry-wide solutions for competing in the digital marketplace. For the past decade, MediaVillage, in collaboration with partners across the marketing ecosystem, has been pilot testing innovative strategies for generating growth. Today, more than 150 companies, organizations and industry leaders are members of the MediaVillage Center of Excellence.
• MARKET RESEARCH: Under The Myers Report brand, MediaVillage collects, analyzes and shares B2B and consumer data and insights to guide and support our members’ growth priorities and marketing communications.
• MARKET INTELLIGENCE: MediaVillage hosts and manages the B2B marketing platforms for more than 100 member companies, industry trade associations, non-profit advocacy groups, and education providers, each published independently under the MediaVillage Knowledge Exchange. Together they represent the media industry’s only unified force for growth.
• CONTENT MARKETING: MediaVillage.com hosts the commentaries, thought-leadership and insights of the media industry’s most respected columnists, journalists and industry experts, reaching professionals across the marketing, media, entertainment and education ecosystem.
• DIVERSE TALENT DEVELOPMENT: MediaVillage has been a leading advocate for diversity, equality and inclusion, founding WomenAdvancing. org in 2011, 1stFive.org in 2014 and, in 2017, the Advancing Diversity Hall of Honors. Under Myers’ leadership, the Advancing Diversity Council represents the media, marketing, advertising and entertainment community’s commitment to advancing diversity from advocacy to activism.
• EDUCATION & MEETING PREPARATION: To support the on-demand knowledge needs of brand marketers, agency professionals, media industry suppliers, educators, content studios, content creators and diverse communities, MediaVillage is launching MeetingPrep.com, an open AI-fueled search and market intelligence platform. In addition to the most accurate and relevant vertical industry search engine, MeetingPrep will incorporate Giide, an interactive audio learning app; Ad Learning Exchange, a curriculum-focused online education resource; and Advancing Diversity Meet-Ups, connecting talent to jobs.
The power of MediaVillage comes from the engagement and real-world experience of companies and organizations. Through our collective impact approach, we implement effective and cost efficient B2B growth solutions.
Media 7 | August 6, 2021
Kady S., SVP Global Head of Marketing at Klaviyo, is interested in building entrepreneurial, diverse, and effective marketing teams that grow and scale alongside some of the world's most impactful consumer brands.
As a former engineer with 20+ years of experience in marketing for tech, CPG, and DTC companies, she is uniquely positioned to use data, customer insights, and integrated brand strategy to deliver industry-leading results.
Throughout her career, she has led Fortune 500 and pre-IPO companies that have scaled to millions of users, global teams, and double digit growth. She was part of the team that helped lead Dropbox through a successful IPO and truly loves that phase of hyper-growth at fast-paced, innovative companies.
When she is not leading marketing for high-growth B2B and B2C brands, she is a Venture Advisor at Relay Ventures, a frequent guest lecturer at Stanford, a keynote speaker, and guest contributor for several leading business publications. She is also an avid reader, a perpetual student, and (most importantly), a very proud parent....
Media 7 | March 10, 2022
Chris Kim, Director of Social Media at Airtable shares some of his best practices to creating engaging and customer-centric social media marketing campaigns, and the impact that community and influencer marketing have on strategic marketing strategies. In this interview with Media 7, Chris speaks about the development of the role and importance of the social media professional to become a key contributor in strategic marketing conversations within organizations. Read on to find out how marketing teams can leverage different social media channels using data-driven insights to understand what works on each channel....